Explor Management System
- Explor is committed to Continuous Improvement in every aspect of our business.
- Explor is committed to eliminating waste, injury and other failures.
- Explor seeks to minimize the environmental impact of its operations.
- Explor is committed to complying with regulatory requirements.
- Explor continuously reviews its performance, objectives and strategy with the aim of rectifying any deficiencies and finding opportunities for improvement.
Explor seeks to transform the way we manage our environmental footprint.
Specifically, we will continuously improve the way we:
- build and implement environmental plans.
- acquire and archive environmental data.
- employ the scientific method to analyze and review environmental data.
- share our environmental data with our partners.
- communicate our findings to all stakeholders.
- ensures that plans address significant environmental aspects that it can control.
- takes new developments, activities, products, and services into account.
- accounts for legal requirements.
- establishes, implements, and maintains measureable objectives.
- details the means and time-frame for achievement of the plan.
- account for long-term and broad scale environmental responses to our actions.
- provide for data gathering and monitoring methods to fill knowledge gaps.
- include means for and reliable data acquisition storage, sharing methods to protect, retain and promote gathering and use of important data.
- recognize and cultivate meaningful relationships between stakeholder groups in order to share, disseminate, and discuss results and findings.
Implementation and Operation
- has competent, qualified people running our core business.
- employs an ecologist to:
- advise on the environmental components of the Explor Management System.
- develop project specific environmental plans and environmental protocols.
- review, analyze, and interpret environmental data.
- hires only qualified prime contractors with a high level of competency for all field activities.
Explor ensures that its prime contractors:
- deliver data according to the highest quality standards.
- properly control HSE risks.
- have an adequate emergency response plan.
- Data collection protocols are detailed to ensure conformity to operational and data standards, and to eliminate ambiguity between the chain of command.
- Data is acquired using standardized formats and techniques.
- Actions and monitoring activities are documented appropriately to facilitate, review, and to record work history.
- Documents and collected data are maintained in organized and accessible databases for the express purposes of quality control and to facilitate both internal and external audits when desired or required.
- monitors key characteristics of its operations that can have a significant environmental impact.
- has specialized protocols and methods to acquire detailed environmental data with several objectives in mind:
- monitoring performance.
- measuring the adequacy of applicable controls.
- measuring conformity with Explor objectives.
- testing hypotheses related to longer term continuous improvement.
- ensuring the scientific validity of the data and the resulting analyses of those data.
- gathers data, reports, and information through the monitoring process to:
- identify, correct, and prevent nonconformities.
- provide information for internal audit and management review.
Explor management regularly reviews the management system.
Inputs to management reviews include:
- results of internal audits.
- evaluations of compliance with legal requirements and with other requirements .
- communication(s) from external interested parties.
- the environmental performance of the organization.
- the extent to which objectives have been met.
- status of corrective and preventive actions.
- follow-up actions from previous management reviews.
- changing circumstances, including developments in legal and other requirements related to its environmental aspects.
- recommendations for improvement.
Outputs from management reviews include any decisions and actions related to possible changes to any elements of the management system consistent with the commitment to continuous improvement.
Our management system is a process of continuous improvement permeating every aspect of our business.
630 6th Avenue SW